Sheet cakes are one layer with any cake-frosting flavor combination that you’d like!
Quarter sheet cakes are approximately 8″x12″ and feed 24 people with 2″x2″ pieces.
Half sheet cakes are approximately 12″x18″ and feed approximately 48 people.
Round Double-Layer Cakes
Round double layer cakes are composed of cake-filling-cake and then all covered in frosting. You can fill with one of our house-made fresh fruit fillings or any of the frosting flavors.
Our 4″ round cake is often used as a “Smash Cake” or just a nice treat for 2-4 people.
6″ round cakes serve approximately 8-12 people.
8″ round cakes serve approximately 12-20 people.
10″ round cakes serve approximately 20-30 people.
12″ round cakes serve up to 50 people.
Tiered (or “stacked” cakes) consist of more than one double-layer round cake stacked on top of each other! The cakes can be the same flavors or different – whatever you’d like!
Mix and Match Flavors!
(only available with round double-layer cakes):
Some favorite combinations
- The Caleb – Vanilla cake with vanilla frosting
- The Grammy – Orange cake with orange frosting
- The Kelly – Strawberry cake with lemon frosting
- The Kevin – Gingerbread cake with cinnamon cream cheese frosting
- The Shana – Lemon chiffon cake with pink lemonade frosting
- Apple Pie – Apple cake with apple filling, cinnamon frosting and drizzled with caramel
- Apple Cinnamon – Apple cinnamon cake with apple cinnamon frosting
- Berry Berry – Strawberry cake with strawberry frosting
- Blueberry Cobbler – blueberry cake with blueberry filling, blueberry whipped frosting and cobbler crumbles
- Brownie Batter – Vanilla with chocolate chip cake, brownie batter mixed in cake, chocolate and vanilla buttercream
- Candy Cane – Vanilla cake with peppermint frosting
- Carrot Cake – Carrot cake with cream cheese
- Chocoholic – Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting
- Chocolate Cheesecake – Chocolate cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting
- Chocolate Chip – Chocolate chip cupcake with vanilla frosting
- Chocolate Covered Banana – Banana cake with chocolate frosting
- Cinnamon Roll – Cinnamon cake with cream cheese frosting
- Cranberry – Cranberry cake with vanilla frosting
- Cup of Cocoa – Cocoa cake with cinnamon and nutmeg and whipped frosting
- German Chocolate – Chocolate cake with coconut frosting
- Great Pumpkin – Pumpkin cupcake with cream cheese and caramel drizzle
- Lemon Blueberry – Lemon cake with blueberry frosting
- Lemonade Stand – Lemon cake with lemon frosting
- Mixed Berry – Strawberry cake with blueberry frosting
- Not-so-red Velvet – Red velvet cake (without the red food dye!) with cream cheese frosting
- Orange Spice – Spice cake with orange frosting
- Orange Dream – Orange cake with vanilla cream filling and orange buttercream
- Orange You Glad – Orange cake with orange curd filling and orange buttercream
- Peachy Keen – Peach cupcakes, Peach filling, Peach Whipped frosting with Cobble crumbles
- Peppermint Patty – Chocolate cake with peppermint frosting
- Pucker Up – Lemon cake with lemon curd filling and lemon curd whipped frosting
- Raspberry covered chocolate – Chocolate cake with raspberry frosting
- Rolo – Chocolate cake with caramel frosting and caramel drizzle
- S’More – Chocolate cake with marshmallow frosting and graham cracker crumble
- Strawberry Banana – Banana cake with strawberry frosting
- Strawberry Cheesecake – Strawberry cake with strawberry cream cheese frosting
- Strawberry Kiwi – Strawberry cake with kiwi frosting
- Strawberry Lemonade – Strawberry cake with lemon frosting
- Thin Mint – Chocolate cake with mint frosting
Basic decorations at no extra cost
All our cakes come with border, rosettes and/or writing included in the base pricing.
Many of our frostings are already colored by our use of real fruit (for example Strawberry is pink, blueberry is a pinky-purple, apple-cinnamon is tan).
We do use TruColor all-natural plant-based food coloring in our frostings to change colors when requested by our customers.
Please note that with the natural coloring it can be difficult to get very saturated color in a large amount of frosting without changing the frosting structure too much. We try our very best to match colors, but we cannot promise that it will be exact matches.
Some examples of “no extra cost” decorated cakes:
Many of our customers are creative and we love working with them to create special cakes!
The use of multiple colors, designs or coloring an entire cake a color requires us to use more of our fantastic natural coloring and takes time – both to make the colored frosting and complete the decorations.
Some requests that would require extra decoration fees:
- Use of multiple colors (other than the natural color of the frosting)
- Coloring an entire cake a color (other than the natural color of the frosting)
- Ombre cakes
- Designs, logos or characters
- Hand painted pictures
- Cupcake cakes
Visit the “pricing” tab on this page for a general idea of decoration costs.
Feel free to email ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org to get an estimate for your cake designs!
Some examples of our custom decoration work that would include extra cost:
All cakes require a 50% deposit paid at the time of ordering. If you cancel your order with more than 48 hours notice this deposit is refundable. If, however, any special items or ingredients were already purchased for your order the cost of those items/ingredients will be deducted from the deposit upon cancellation.
No refunds of deposits with 48 hours or less cancellation notice.
For cakes with borders, rosettes and writing in one color (not including natural coloring of the frosting – for example strawberry being pink or chocolate being brown – those are always included in the “base price”).
- Quarter Sheet Cake – $40
- Half Sheet Cake – $75
- 4″ round double layer – $20
- 6″ round double layer – $30
- 8″ round double layer – $45
- 10″ round double layer – $65
- 12″ round double layer – $85
Add together the price of tiers plus $15 for each tier after the first one.
For example, a 3 tiered cake with a 6″, 8″ and 10″ would be $30+$45+$65+$15+$15 = $170 (the $15 multi-tier charge applies to the 2nd and 3rd tier only – not the first tier)
- Add a second frosting color (aside from the natural color of the frosting): $5
- Color the entire cake a color (aside from the natural color of the frosting): $10
- Ombre cake: $10
- Logos, designs, hand painted cakes – email email@example.com with examples or description for custom quote.
We do not allow online ordering of cakes as we like to touch base with each customer ordering a cake to make sure we’re clear on what they want!
We ask for 48 hours notice for cake orders.
Stop by or call either shop or email firstname.lastname@example.org with cake ordering questions!
Topeka – 435 S Kansas Ave – 785-408-1272
Lawrence – 914 Massachusetts St – 785-551-7211
Congratulations! Planning a wedding is exciting!
You can schedule a wedding cake tasting with Shana Cake by emailing email@example.com to find a time that works.
Wedding cake tastings are $20 for 2 people and tastings are done with our mini cupcakes. Feel free to select any of our “everyday flavors” (Vanilla, Chocolate, Lemon and Cinnamon cake mix-and-match with Vanilla, Lemon, Strawberry, Cream Cheese and Chocolate frostings) and up to 2-3 specialty flavors (check out the “flavors” tab on this page).
The tastings fee is waived if a wedding cake or cupcakes are ordered and a deposit is made on that order.